Thursday, November 26, 2015

It's Been Awhile....

Pretty sure that was a song title. I can even hear the tune in my head now. Hold please for a second so I can sing in my head.....

Ok, I'm back. I have not written in forever, but I've been busy. In fact, I should be doing homework right now, but it's Thanksgiving, I'm taking a holiday.

I started my holiday off right with a turkey trot in the morning. We had planned on doing a 5 mile run, but there was a slight issue with the route plan and we ended up doing 6 miles. It's cool, not the first time I have run 6 miles. I could have done without the rain, but it's not the first time I've run in the rain either.
There's me, my bestie Ashley, and her friend Shayla, who also happens to be a member of my fitness center but whom I have never met in person until today. I thought it was a great run, it didn't seem like a long 6 miles at all. You know how sometimes those miles just seem to drag on forever!

So this fitness center I mentioned, I found it through someone that I graduated high school with, she has been a member for awhile and loves it. It is this program that provides the workouts and the support and the community. It is the whole package and these ladies are so wonderful and supportive and it is exactly what I need! I have been a member for a few weeks when this current round of the program started and I love it so much! It keeps me accountable, we are broken up into smaller groups within the large group and every week there are individual challenges and so many extra things where ladies get together to work out and it is just wonderful! So far I have lost pounds for sure because we have a weekly weigh in, but I am mostly excited to check my measurements again at the end of the round to see what I have lost in inches.

There is a lot going on around here these days, I am graduating in just over a week! Yes, just over 1 week and I will have a college degree!!!! What next you ask, I'll tell you, start working on the next degree. I am so excited about getting this fancy piece of paper, but it is only step 1. An associates is not going to get me where I want to be so it's on to my bachelor's right away. I have applied to a highly accredited business school and am awaiting my answer. I am so totally stressed out about it, I think maybe worse than when I applied to college the first time while I was in high school. I was nervous then, but I was pretty confident that I would get in. But this time, it's different. My college journey has been rocky at best. The school is just waiting on my high school transcripts yet before they will look at my application and decide if I get in or not. Until then, I wait. and it is stressful. What if I don't get in? My associate's isn't going to get me anywhere, if I take a position with it I will take a pay cut. Ain't nobody going to school to make less money!

As of right now, I sorta have my ducks in a nice neat little row where I want them. I am getting back into a fitness routine so that I can conquer some big things next year. I am finishing up my degree, and my family is healthy. I have so much to be thankful for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment